August 2012 – June 2013 Instructor & Mentor - Environmental Sciences and Policy
Roma Graduate Preparation Program, Central European University, Budapest, Hungary
Sep 2010 – May 2011 Climate Change and Energy Fellow
Energy and Climate Program, Worldwatch Institute, Washington, DC, USA
· Researching background documents on Indian climate and energy policy, and Summarizing governmental documents.
· Provided assistance for the organization of “Strengthening India’s Low Carbon Growth Strategy” workshops in New Delhi.
· Met with key policy makers of India, critical in determining India’s low carbon path.
Aug 2007 – May 2010 Research Assistant
Division of Resource Management, Davis College, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA
· Calculated incentive levels required to render forestry land use economically profitable for landowners from payment based on carbon volume.
· Estimated carbon sequestration rates on reclaimed mine lands planted with trees for different time horizons.
· Calculated carbon sequestration potential through reforestation of mine lands for a seven state region of the Midwest Regional Carbon Sequestration Project (MRCSP).
· Estimated reclamation costs of reforesting mine lands for a seven state region of the MRCSP.
Jul 2006 – Dec 2006 Summer Intern
Future Generations, Franklin, WV, USA
· Carried out a study to assess the potential benefits and implications of integrating carbon market with the forest management and conservation activities of rural communities of Van Panchayats, Uttarakhand, India.
Mar 2005 – Jul 2005 Program Assistant
Seva Mandir, Hiran Mangari, Udaipur, Rajasthan, India
· Provided assistance to the program officer in progress evaluation of the ‘National Food For Work’ program of Government of India.
Nov 2002 – Feb 2005 Project Manager and Field Organizer
Consumer Unity and Trust Society, Center for Human Development (CUTS-CHD), Chittorgarh, Rajasthan, India
· Encouraged appropriate biodiversity conservation practices by the local community through restoration of deteriorated traditional water bodies, revitalization of degraded lands and protection of endangered species of trees in one select model village of the Chittorgarh district, India as part of the UNDP-GEF project.
· Worked on project proposals to invite funding for Natural Resource Management (NRM) related community based projects.