My name is Svetlana Parshina and this site is just an
attempt to tell all of you a little bit more about my country, my academic and professional interests, hobbies, and plans for future
Добро Пожаловать на
мой персональный сайт!
Меня зовут Светлана
Паршина и здесь вы сможете найти информацию о моей стране,
моих профессиональных и академических интересах, хобби, и планах на будущее.
Site news and
For those taking the Program Evaluation class, I put my presentation
to the "Academics" page or you can see it directly from here (full text,
November 21, 2006
I finally managed to finish all the pages, so now you can see all of
them activated. Enjoy :)
I am done with "My country" page.
Useful Phrases for Professors
1. Thank you. We’re
all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
2. The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean
you’re an artist.
3. I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet
it’s hard to pronounce.
4. I like you. You remind me of when I was
young and stupid.
5. I’m not being rude. You’re just insignificant.
6. I’m really easy to get along with once you people
learn to worship me.
7. I’ll try being nicer if you’ll try being smarter.
8. I don’t work here. I’m just a visiting professor.
Useful Phrases for Students
1. Any connection
between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
2. I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don’t
give a damn.
3. I will always cherish the initial misconceptions
I had about you.
4. No, my powers can only be used for good.
5. You sound reasonable…Time to up my medication.
6. I’m out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message…
7. It might look like I’m doing nothing, but at the
cellular level I’m really quite busy.
8. You are validating my inherent mistrust of strangers.
9. Someday, we’ll look back on this, laugh nervously
and change the subject.