ETD / THESIS FORMATTING CLASS
Computer and Statistics Center offers 90 minutes long TRAINING SESSIONS on thesis formatting and the uploading process.
According to your departments requirements attending such a session could be mandatory or facultative. Please consult your Coordinators on this matter. Information relevant to your department is also circulated in email.
On the lecture you will learn:
- How to structure and format your thesis (Word document) correctly - useful skills for Word document formatting in general but also basic requirements for all submitted theses (Formatting titles with Heading styles, generating Table of Contents, adding page and section breaks, pagination settings)
- How to convert the thesis into a PDF file in the required bookmarked format - a technical requirement of the uploading process
- What is the exact process of uploading the final PDF file - a short introduction of the ETD site
Classes are held in a computer lab. Places are limited, therefore registration is required.
- ETD – dedicated to a department
Those departments with mandatory ETD class have dedicated sessions marked with the department’s name. Please register to these sessions ONLY if you are a student of that department.
- ETD - All in 1
Lecture is based on Word 2013 version for PC that is available on CEU computers. Mac users may find this session easy to follow too but there is another option for you.
- ETD for Mac users
Lecture provides instructions both for older and newer versions of Word for MAC with the “old style” menu and the newer tabbed ribbon. Please bring your MAC laptop with you.
- ETD for LibreOffice users
Lecture provides basic thesis formatting instructions for those who use LibreOffice as text editor. You may bring your laptop.
To attend a training please REGISTER HERE ( http://oziris.ceu.edu:888/exam/courses.html ) for one of the above sessions. (If the link does not work copy it to the browser.)
If you need a session that is not on offer please contact us.
NOTE: all links open in new windows.