General Computer Usage at CEU:
- Computer usage in CEU:
- Computer labs, office hours
- How to ask for help: the IT helpdesk
- Lost and Found Box
- You have several passwords, initially all set to your CEU ID card number:
- when you want to use a computer: Microsoft password
- when you access your CEU e-mail account: Microsoft password
- when register for courses, check grades via UIS: UIS password
- To change your Microsoft Outlook password: you can do it online on this link: https://sts.ceu.edu/adfs/portal/updatepassword/
- Passwords are case-sensitive!
(For example, "Wednesday" is not the same as "WEDNESDAY"
- Printing / copying / scanning:
- students can only use printers with their ID card
- printing starts only when the student personally
initiates the printing job at any of the printers
- at the printer students can choose the job to be processed, and
can cancel any of their jobs
- printing jobs submitted from the Dormitory can be printed in the
Main Campus, and vice versa.
- Scanning / Copying:
- students can initiate copying and scanning at any printer
- scanned documents are e-mailed internally. Maximal transferable
size for an e-mail is set to 40M. If need bigger documents, please
contact the Student IT helpdesk.
- you can check your quota at any printer: touch your ID card to the
card reader on the printer, wait until authenticated, then at the bottom
line you will see your quota
- if the quota is insufficient, printing is refused
- students can purchase extra quota at the Cachier's desk (Nador 15, 1st floor)
- Further information on printing on the IT Department site.
- How to start an application:
Opening an attachement (word, pdf, video or soundfile) not always works. If you experience
trouble, save the attachement on the local machine, start the appropriate application, and use File -> Open to open it.
- From the Desktop; using Start > Programs > Application;
- OR from ZENworks Window (NAL - Novell Application Launcher)
- Sending or reading an email:
- Further information on Office365 services
on the IT Department site.
- To post messages to the whole CEU Community, please use Office 365’s Yammer instead, which is available through portal.office.com